la passion du golf
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum dédié au golf et à ses passionnés. Sujets abordés : technique, matériel, règles, joueurs, ...

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  GalerieGalerie  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON ...
Voir le deal
1190 €

new putter for tiger

AuteurMessage
gillesb
1ere série
1ere série
gillesb

index : 11.8
club : Disney

new putter for tiger Empty
MessageSujet: new putter for tiger   new putter for tiger EmptyMar 13 Juil 2010 - 20:42

Citation :
July 13, 2010
Tiger Woods switches to Nike Method 001 Putter at St. Andrews
Posted at 9:12 AM by David Dusek | Categories: Nike, Tiger Woods
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland — Tiger Woods has been using the same Scotty Cameron Newport putter since 1999, winning 13 major championships with it. But Tiger confirmed in his press conference on Tuesday that he is making a switch this week at the Open Championship.

Woods said that this week he is going with a Nike Method 001 putter. It is the same model Stewart Cink used to win the 2009 British Open at Turnberry and Lucas Glover used to win the 2009 U.S. Open at Bethpage.

"I have always struggled on slower greens," Woods said. "This week I have not had to make that much of an adjustment because the ball is coming off the face a little quicker."

Woods's Method 001 was built to match the specifications of his Cameron putter, with an identical lie angle, single alignment dot on the head and a Ping grip.

But according to Rick Nichols, Nike Golf's tour field manager, the putter has the standard loft for a Method putter, 2.5°. That's about 1° less loft than Woods's Cameron putter.

Nichols also said that Woods has given Nike input on the Method putters since their inception almost two years ago. In fact, he said that Tiger's back-up putter—to be used if his Cameron was damaged—has been a Method 001.

The grooves in the face of the Method putters are partially filled with a polymer to soften feel. However, the exposed metal area within the grooves is designed to grab the ball and get it rolling on the ground more quickly.

"I've always been tempted to change my putter on slower greens," Woods said. "I've always experimented with other putters throughout the years, but I never put one in play."

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

new putter for tiger
Page 1 sur 1